Thursday, July 19, 2012

10 LEGO Minifigs I'd Like to See

The collectible series LEGO minifigures have been a huge hit ever since LEGO released the first wave a few years back. Series 8 has already been announced for September, and once again we'll be getting some fun new citizens to populate our LEGO worlds. For wave 9 and beyond, most AFOLs probably have a wishlist of characters they'd love to see, and of course I do, too. Here are 10 minifigs I'd love to see pop up in future series.

1) Abe Lincoln - Not necessarily as a vampire hunter, but, you know, we can customize. :) The hat is already floating around on other characters, but we need a good face, and maybe a few tweaks to a dark suit design to get the period look right.

2) George Washington/Ben Franklin/Founding Father of your choice - Really I just want the hair and the outfit. The pirates line released good period soldiers a while back, but we can't recreate the Revolution without some good leadership. I'd take Sam Adams with a pint of beer, too.

3) Civil War soldiers - The Western theme had Union blue for the cavalry, but we've never had Confederate gray. When I build Tara and Twelve Oaks out of LEGO bricks, I'm going to want to have some soldiers around. Also, it would definitely inspire a few burning of Atlanta builds.

4) Marie Antoinette/French Queen - It doesn't have to be Marie specifically, but I'm thinking big hair, period dress, & a beauty mark on the cheek. Somebody would promptly build a guillotine and start recreating la Revolution, A Tale of Two Cities, and The Scarlet Pimpernel.

5) Queen Elizabeth I/Elizabethan lady - Similar to Marie, but with the ruffled collar we are getting on the Shakespearean actor in series 8 and hopefully somewhat different big hair and/or dress. Actually, if LEGO would do one or the other I could improvise from there.

6) Guy in Lion Costume - He'd go great with the Bunny Suit, Gorilla Suit, and Godzilla Suit guys, and I'd be one step closer to recreating the Land of Oz in LEGO. Thanks for the new Scarecrow outfit in the upcoming Batman sets! Now if we can just get a robot who looks more like the Tin Man...

7) Medusa - LEGO has made some great ancient world and mythology figures in previous series, with the Minotaur being an especially neat choice. With those Ancient Greek and Roman soldiers already released, we need some more mythological monsters for them to fight. That snake hair would look fantastic on a figure, and the green body parts from the Lady Liberty figure could probably be tweaked for the rest.

8) Devil - Yes, I'm sure some parents would get upset about Little Timmy having a devil figure, but imagine the Faust scenarios, the Bible stories, the epic possibilities! He should be red, and ideally he should have a tail. They could make an angel as a complementary fig to balance things out.

9) Nun - While I'm asking for religious figures, I need some nuns. Castle builders need nuns. City builders need nuns. All God's children need nuns. Give her a guitar, and I can build THE SOUND OF MUSIC.... or AIRPLANE! At any rate, I'd buy about a dozen nuns if LEGO would just put them in a future series.

10) Waitress - I'd love to have a classic diner style waitress with the crisp outfit, the apron, and the little hat. For accessories she could have a little tray with a milkshake. Bonus feature - a two-sided face with one side showing her blowing a bubble gum bubble!

Not surprisingly, a lot of my wishes are for female characters. I'm still trying to balance out the gender inequity in my LEGO world! Keep those ladies coming, LEGO.

No comments:

Post a Comment